The new North Island Hospital Campbell River & District will open on Sunday, September 10, 2017.
The announcement can be accessed at http://nihp.viha.ca/2017/08/north-island-hospital-campbell-river-district-opens-sunday-september-10th/
Here is a summary of the announcement:
- Emergency and obstetric patients can begin accessing the new hospital through the Emergency Department starting at 5:30 a.m.
- For Emergency Assistance please call 911 or go to the North Island Hospital, Campbell River & District, located at 375-2nd Avenue
- The North Island Hospital Emergency Department entrance is accessed from Birch Street near Evergreen Road. See map.
- Access the main entrance of the new hospital via the entrance to the current hospital on 2nd Ave. See map.
- Parking will be available on site.
- On Sunday, Sept. 10, we ask that, if possible, people wait until after 1 p.m. to visit patients in the new hospital. This will help us ensure a smooth and organized transfer of patients to the new facility.
- We thank you in advance for your support and patience as we move patients to the new hospital!
- Remember, the North Island Hospital Comox Valley will not open until October 1st. People requiring medical care in the Comox Valley prior to October 1st, 2017 should continue to access St. Joseph’s General Hospital at 2137 Comox Avenue in Comox.